Carver, Spring Hill Middle, and Early College TSA (Technology Student Association) students participated in the 36th Annual North Carolina TSA State Conference. The conference was held at the Koury Convention Center in Greensboro, March 22 – 24 and the theme this year is “Designing your dream.”All students did an outstanding job representing Scotland County Schools Career and Technical Education Department.
The National TSA Conference will be held at the Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center in Grapevine, Texas June 28-July 2, 2015. For more information please visit 2015 National TSA Conference
Javonate Williams, Early College sophomore student was elected to serve as the president for the NC TSA for 2015.
Spring Hill Middle TSA
Spring Hill Middle’s ten TSA members brought home five trophies:
- 1st place Communication Challenge – Kayla Alford
- 1st Place Water Infrastructure – Zy’ lice Land and Victor Gordon
- 3rd Place Techno Bowl- Victor Stoneburner, Sophie Pinkston and Chancellor Byrd
- 3rd Place Digital Photography – Sophie Pinkston;
- 3rd Place Chapter Team- Kayla Afford, Sophie Pinkston, Anthony Reynolds, Chancellor Byrd, Victor Gordon, and Victor Stoneburger.
TSA members Destiny Nealy, Candis Massey, Re-dionysus Redionysu from Spring Hill allong with their advisors, Dr. Banks, Mr. Odom and several parents also attended the conference.
Carver Middle TSA
Carver Middle’s TSA Student awards:
- 1st Place Agriculture and Biotechnology Design: Nathan Holt, Audrey Lane, and Brena Settharath
- 1st Place Medical Technology Issues: Madison Barrow, Christian Cole, and Kassie Willis
- 1st Place Community Service Video: Madison Barrow, Audrey Lane, Brena Settharath, and Kassie Willis
- 2nd Place Inventions and Innovations: Adam Miller, AJ Politsch, and Danny Reyes
- 3rd Place Career Prep: Amanda Whitehead
TSA Advisors: Roosevelt Pridgen, Sharon Stephens, and Louann Albright