Carver Middle School Technology Student Association competed at the North Carolina Technology Student Association Regional Conference in Chapel Hill, NC on February 27, 2016. Twenty students competed in eleven competitive events. Students worked on their projects during school club time and after school with advisors Catherine Gates, Roosevelt Pridgen and Sharon Stephens.
- Audrey Lane, Megan Lam, and Amanda Whitehead won in Biotechnology
- Keldon Clark, Morgan Stewart, and Ethan Ward won in Mass Production
- Madison Barrow, Brianna Manuel, and Kassie Willis won in Medical Technology.
- Ethan Ward won Career Prep
- Keldon Clark and Danny Reyes won Problem Solving
- Adam Miller, Austin (Creed) Norton, and Danny Reyes won Inventions and Innovations
- Samya Baker, April Gainey, and Ivy Sellers won Children’s Stories
- Morgan Stewart won Career Prep
- Brena Settharath, Jaheim McRae, and Haley McGugan came in fourth with Tech Bowl
- Jonathan Meredith and Hector Pacheco also competed in Problem Solving.