Scotland County Schools
Career and Technical Education
Our vision is to be recognized as an integral part of the entire educational experience that is paramount to student achievement, future career success, and self-sustainability.
Our mission is to empower students for successful participation in a highly technological society by providing 21st century skills necessary to become an effective worker and citizen in an ever-changing global economy.
We are committed to
- Preparing students to be college and career ready by providing core academic skills, employability skills and technical, job-specific skills.
- Preparing students for postsecondary education in a career cluster and lifelong learning.
- Preparing students for initial and continued employment.
- Assisting students in making informed educational and career decisions.
- Applying and reinforcing related learning from other disciplines.
- Assisting students in developing decision-making, communication, problem-solving, leadership, and citizenship skills.
- Preparing students to make informed consumer decisions and apply practical life skills.
- Making appropriate provisions for students with special needs to succeed in CTE programs.
Competency-based courses are offered in eight program areas, with each area having school-based, work-based, or community-based learning opportunities
- Agriculture, Business & Information Technology
- Career Development
- Family & Consumer Sciences
- Health Occupations
- Trade & Industrial Education
Combined with other academic offerings, Career & Technical Education assists all enrollees with career goals and high school graduation requirements. Students are to have a career development plan outlining courses to be taken to meet a tentative career objective and obtain a high school diploma.